Friday, September 30, 2011

Kappa Zushi/etc


Times have been very busy! I apologize for the lack of updates, I've just been bombarded with tests these last few weeks >_> Anyway, one thing I actually had time to go to was Kaiten zushi(conveyer-belt sushi) at a place called Kappa Zushi. This place is AWESOME! We had to wait like 30 minutes to be seated, but it was so worth it. This just shows how high-tech Japan is; they have a conveyer belt that delivers random sushi plates (tuna, salmon, egg, inari-zushi,etc), and people  choose what they want and take the plate. And at around 105 yen a plate, it's not so expensive either. They even have a touch screen which enables you to specially order something(say you haven't seen it going around in a while), which is delivered on a little shinkansen(bullet train) dish! My favorite is definitely corn/mayo sushi, with inarizushi as a close second. And tamago...
I also had the chance to look around a Japanese fabric store called ABC Craft. If you know me at all, you probably won't be surprised to hear that I spent probably an hour touching fabrics and picking out ones to buy. Even without a machine, I've decided I'll at least hand-sew bows and tiny accessory things. You can see my findings and the first bow I've made in my photo-stream =)
Anyway, this Sunday I'm going to visit my weekend host-family's house, so hopefully I'll have more to talk about later!

No comments:

Post a Comment